Welcome to our Blog


Welcome to the Desert Chapel Blog

We will be posting up to date news and events of what's happening with our different ministries, prayer requests and praise reports. So click the follow button to join our new blog. We hope to add the mobile feature soon so you will be able to view the posts on your phone or other mobile devices. Check back daily to see what changes we've added and get the latest new.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Focus 40 - Day 12



Psalm 3:3
Lifter of my head
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
In order to understand this passage of scripture you must first look at the beginning of the chapter. David has come to a point in his life when his troubles have increased; those who seek him harm have increased. Many have given voice to their thoughts and are saying even God cannot help him. His world has exploded into turmoil.
LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
In verse eight we see the victory that has come to David. But the turnaround comes in the middle of the chapter, when he declares to the Lord who He is. “Shield around me” and  “the One who lifts up my head”.
The word “head” in this verse relates to a person’s rights, his authority or position. David is being assaulted as king. Absalom, his son is trying to steal his kingdom and position himself as king.
David is saying that in my opposition (vs 1-2), when circumstances seem to indicate failure, that You Lord will come to my defense and restore (vs 8). No one can take away from us what God wants us to have. If it appears stolen or seized, our resort is the Lord. It is He who raises, exalts, gives privileges or positions. He is the one who lifts up (vs 3).
Remember that our Lord is ready to give you personal attention when your head is hanging low because of circumstances, discouragement. Our Lord is the “Lifter up of my Head”, He is gracious to invade our day and lift us up above our fears and failures. Friends, do not give satan even a inch, allowing him to fill your heart with condemnation, or paint a picture of impossibility. Approach the throne of God, petition Him for power and allow Him to be the “Lifter of my head”.

LORD, how many are my foes!
   How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
   “God will not deliver him.”
[b]
 3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
   my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
4 I call out to the LORD,
   and he answers me from his holy mountain.
 5 I lie down and sleep;
   I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
6 I will not fear though tens of thousands
   assail me on every side.
 7 Arise, LORD!
   Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
   break the teeth of the wicked.
 8 From the LORD comes deliverance.
   May your blessing be on your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment